Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes

Hi, I am currently in the US on L1 visa. I am planning to go home and stamp F1 visa to start studying. Can I return to the US and work for a few more weeks after F1 is stamped but studying not yet started?

asked in Study in USA by (120 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Well, I am not sure, if the consular will leave your L1 visa in passport without marking it as cancelled. If they leave it open as valid, then you can enter US on L1 visa ( provided it is valid and you have job with same employer) and work on L1 visa for your employer and then apply for a change of status from L1 to F1.
answered by (56.6k points)
This could create problems.  If your I-94 doesn't have the stamp corresponding to your F1 visa, you'll have trouble when you register at your university.  AFAIK, no university lets international students register without a proper I-94 stamp.  OP will have to again go through immigration to get the right I-94 stamp.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 247 views
247 views asked Jun 15, 2013 in Study in USA by Yashj36 (160 points)
0 votes
1 answer 248 views
248 views asked Feb 7, 2013 in Study in USA by expl1bsoon (140 points)
0 votes
1 answer 895 views
0 votes
1 answer 157 views
157 views asked Dec 4, 2015 in Study in USA by san1984 (180 points)
0 votes
1 answer 124 views