Did you apply for H1B visa ? Check H1B Processing times. Please add your H1B Application info to our H1B Tracker !
0 votes
Dear Friends,

I have ah H1B which is approved and valid till Mar 2017 from India Based US company and these guys don't have any projects now for US for my skillset and not ready to amend to other projects/division because of some company policy. So I am in a Catch 22 situation wherein I don't know what to do.  As I was hoping to travel to US, but it doesn't seem to happen.

So my questions.

Can I transfer my H1B petition, I haven't got for my visa stamping done. So currently I just happen the petition copy. With this information can my H1 get transferred.

Also like to understand if I fall under H1B cap exempt.

Experts please help or let me know if I should go to any specific consultants who can help in this regard.‚Äč

Response would be greatly appreciated.


asked in H1B Visa by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, another employer can file cap-exempt petition for you (also called H-1 transfer). If you have approval copy from H-1 employer, then you are all set.
answered by (286k points)