Hello there , I havetried a couple of times regarding this but I did not get a final solution . So here we go again .
1. I have applied for Spring 2012 admission for the XXX university SF in California and got my VISA issued on November 2011 in Hyderabad Consulate.
2. Due to Family concerns , I was unable to go for the Spring 2012 semester , so I asked my university to defer the application to this Fall 2012
3. They have not defrred my admission but they sent me a new I-20 which has start date mentioned as September 6th 2012 - ( this means the old I-20 was cancelled and i got a new SEVIS number on the new I-20 )
4. Because it is the same university I am going to – do I need to attend the VISA interview again ? or is it enough if I just get the new I-20 from the university ?
5. I have heard about the 5 month rule in VISA validity – but in the VFS website it is mentioned that the 5 month rule only holds for student residing in the USA and for students revisiting the USA after 5 months , not for students like me who are first time visitors
There are 2 more questions :
1. Should the SEVIS number in my new I-20 be the same as the SEVIS number on the old I -20 that I paid before ?
2. What if the SEVIS number on the new I-20 is not matching the SEVIS number on the old I-20 that I paid before ? Should I pay the SEVIS fee again ? will this be sufficient or should I attend the interview again .
I have my flight booked for August 8th 2012 - I am getting very tensed here as nobody is able to answer my questions here ! I really hope I can get a reply from u guys asap so I can do the necessary !