News : H1B visa 2012 – USCIS to Accept Petitions from April 1, 2011
USCIS did a press release on Friday about accepting H1B visa petitions for Fiscal year 2012. Nothing has drastically changed from the H1B visa 2011 press release.
Summary of the press release by USCIS for H1B visa FY 2012 :
- USCIS will accept H1B visa petitions for FY 2012 from April 1, 2011
- H1B cap ( total numeric limit) for FY 2012
- 65,000 for regular quota
- 20,000 for advanced degree holders with US Masters or higher.
- USCIS will consider cases only based on date received, but not post marked
- USCIS will update H1B cap count for FY 2012 and the completion date.
- If more petitions are received than available cap on a particular day, there will be a lottery to choose the required petitions for reaching H1B cap.
- H1B petitions filed by below are exempt from numerical cap:
- Higher education institutions, related organizations, Affiliated non-profit entities
- Non-profit organizations
- Government research organizations
- H1B visa extensions
- H1B petitions filed for change of employment terms
- H1B petitions to change employers
- Second H1B position petitions to work concurrently
- All the employers filing petitions should follow all the requirements to avoid any RFEs.
The new H1B visa rule proposed earlier this year for Advanced registration by employer will not be applicable for H1B visa FY 2012 season. H1B visa cap count updates will be tracked for this fiscal year as well similar to H1B visa 2011 cap count updates, including prediction and economy analysis.
If you would like to get H1B related News updates, Cap count tracking and analysis, you may sign-up for updates using below form.
- Original Press release : USCIS – H1B petitions accepted from April 1st, 2011
Do you like the article ?
Like and Give Google +1 for this Article :