How to Apply for H1B Visa Petition for 2011 Quota? Step by Step Process.
Many people that I know ask me this question, “How to apply for H1B visa through consulting companies ?”.In recent articles, I have written few topics related to H1B visa application for 2011 quota. I will try to put the pieces together and give you a roadmap for applying for H1B visa. If you work for a big outsourcing company like TCS, Infosys, Accenture, IBM, etc. you will need to only worry about the documents section of this article and need not worry about anything else.
Sample Schedule/ Timeline to Apply H1B visa Petition for 2011 : Before I go into all the details, here is the sample schedule that works well if you plan to apply for H1B visa for 2011 quota. This has the time line along with respective activity you are supposed to complete. Read the article: “Timeline/Schedule to apply for H1B visa 2011 quota in 2010. When to do what ?”
Steps for Applying H1B Visa :
Getting Started : Some background Information
- H1-B Visa Petitions Cap reached dates by Year from 2000 to 2010. Recession impact and Trend Analysis Plot from 2000 – 2010 for 2011 decision
- H1B visa max cap statistics from 1990 to 2011 with reasons changes. Visa Trend Plot until 2011
Check the Latest News :
- Flash News : Additional requirements for filing H1B Visa petition for 2011. USICS releases additional Employer Employee relations Memorandum
- New H1B visa petition filing guidelines and requirements for 2011 quota and New guidelines for H1B visa Extensions
1. Find H1B visa Sponsor : You should first find a good genuine employer who can sponsor you visa. You should make sure the company. These articles should help you
- Article: How to Choose employer for sponsoring your H1B visa
- Article: TARP – Companies that cannot sponsor you H1B visa
- Article : H1B debarred/ disqualified list of Employers
- Article : Things to Verify about a Company like Visa Denials
- Article : Read the Consultancies reviews online
2. Questions to ask your H1B visa Sponsor : Choosing a good employer is very important. Once you decide on employer, you have to make sure everything is clear. You have to make sure they do green card, pay hikes, insurance, etc. Read this article “What should you ask the H1B sponsor employer before you decide to join them”
3. Negotiate Salary and Benefits with H1B sponsor : Salary negotiation is key. It can stay for a while without changing. You should make a good deal better before you join than regretting your entire work career. I did suffer the pain of working for less because I did not negotiate upfront. Check this article on “How to Negotiate Salary and Benefits with Consulting Companies”
4. List of Documents for applying H1B visa & Cost: Hopefully, you made a good deal by negotiating with the consulting company. Your Job is to now to supply the necessary documents for application of H1B visa petition. Check this article “Documents needed to apply for H1B visa. How much does it cost? What should you NOT give employers”
5. Submit documents on time : Your goal should be to submit the documents on time. The later you submit, the more hurry the attorney is in and there are chances of mistakes in filing which may lead to query and other stuff. “Nip in the bud”, than making visa filing process complex. Follow the sample timeline I have put together for applying for H1B visa for 2011 quota
Check for H1B visa News Updates : One of the steps involved is to monitor the H1B visas news updates. This is just an information update to keep yourself informed with the visa and other immigration laws of USA. USCIS may release any information related to H1B visas. Check the H1B Visa News Updates as they are posted on the blog. Also, if you can, keep an eye on the USCIS website for any news updates or read blogs that post information related to H1B visas.
These are the very fundamental steps involved. The biggest challenge is to find a good employer and validate their details before you join. Follow the timeline suggested for filing visa petition. Make sure you know someone in the management level in the company you plan to join. You will need their full support for H1B visa stamping and your future growth in the company including green card and other benefits. Do NOT be fooled by people who try to refer you to a consulting company just for the sake of $1000 or $1500 bonus. No one says it openly; you have to trust the person who refers the company and give honest opinion about the company. Do NOT join a company get H1B sponsorship from them because someone in online communities like Orkut, Facebook or in any FORUM suggested a consulting company. Take recommendations from people you only know or through proper referral. It will be hard to recover the monetary loss or switch employers quickly once you get H1B approved and you end up coming to US through that company. You will have to stick to them for at least 3 to 6 months or more who knows ! Be careful and make a wise choice !
If you like the article, rate the post or add a comment ! please subscribe ! If you like the info on the website, write a Testimonial ! Spread the word about website to your friends who need this kind of information! Sharing is Caring !