H1B Visa Interview at Hyderabad – 221(g) – H4 Stamping Success, Feb 2012
One of our readers, Nikhil Posted his experience on blog. It is an interesting experience as he went for stamping again and got H4 visa. Thanks to Nikhil ! You can share your experience here
Background of Stay in America F1, H1B
F1 from Aug2006 to Dec2009 (including OPT)
First H1 from Dec 2009 issued until Dec 2012
Second H1 (transfer) from June 2011 issued until July 2012.
Employed in EC model. Employer is a large (NYSE listed company). Client is a big healthcare software company. Prior worked fulltime and got first H1b approved there. Then transferred onto second H1b last year.
H1B Visa Stamping Experience in Hyderabad – 221g
Went for Visa interview. Based on client letter and my responses for his questions, VO felt not sufficient information was provided at the time of petition. He said he would like USCIS to review the petition again. I signed a affidavit he prepared with the summary of my interview. My assumption when I walked away that day from consulate is that my case is being sent back to USCIS for reaffirmation. VO did not provide me 221g letter of case number at the time of interview. He returned my passport.
Two weeks later for a response to my email query, VFS notified that my case is pending under 221g and the post is attempting to verify the information I’ve provided at the time of interview.
H4 Visa Stamping Experience at Hyderabad 2012
Waited for 5 weeks and made appointment for H4 visa interview. Wife got her H1 stamped (FTE with IT giant) during Feb 1st week in Chennai. Carried the same set of documents she had for her interview. Included additional (latest) pay stubs. During visa interview, VO asked what do I do? I said I was working in US and because of 221g I am momentarily jobless. He checked the case status of my pending H1 stamping case and asked what if my H1 comes through. I said I would come back for H1 stamping at that time. I asked if he can do me a favor by writing down the case number as I wasn’t given at the time of my H1 interview. He wrote down the case number for me (which when I lookup on consulate site results in invalid case number!!).
However, he approved H4 without any issue.
Now Im back in US since 3 weeks and working with my employer to find a suitable position and file a new petition. Previous client is not too happy with me extending my 5 week vacation into a 10 week one.
Do you have any experience to share, you can share it here