This page tracks latest H1B news, updates, info for fiscal year 2018, official & unofficial 🙂
Latest News Updates – Official and Unofficial ( Most recent on top ):
- March 15, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS Release official press note stating that they will accept H1B Petitions for Fiscal year 2018 quota starting from April 3rd, 2017. Missing info from the press release is on the H1B Lottery scenario. More details at : Summary of Press Release April 3, H1B 2018 .
- March 3, 2017 ( Official ) : USCIS released a press note indicating that they are suspending premium processing for H1B petitions filed this season for upto 6 months. Check out Summary : H1B 2018 Premium processing Suspended
Key Timeline for H1B 2018 Lottery and Results, Premium Processing :
- H1B 2018 Lottery Date : You can expect the H1B lottery date to be in the week of April 10th, 2016. Last year, the lottery was conducted on April 12th and the year before it was April 13th.
- H1B 2018 Lottery Results : This depends on many factors and there is no set date. Last year, USCIS did a news alert indicating that they have returned all the rejected H1B petitions on July 8th, 2017. So, you can expect the last date for receiving lottery decision around mid July 2017. …depending on the number of petitions filed this year, it may be earlier or even later in July or even early August 2017…
Reference Articles related to H1B visa 2018 season :
- H1B Visa 2018 – FAQs – Quota, Sponsors, Cost, Start Date
- H1B Visa 2018 Lottery Predictions – Data Analysis
- How to find H1B Visa Sponsors ?
- How does H1B Visa Lottery Work ?
H1B Visa 2018 Cap Count updates Tracking Table:
|USCIS Update Date||Regular H1B Cap (65,000)||Advanced Degree Cap (20,000)||Analysis and Cap Count Update Article.|
|No update yet.||65,000||20,000||No update yet.|
|Remaining H1B Cap||65,000||20,000|