H1B Visa 2015 – Frequently Asked Questions – Updates
Updated : May 21st, 2014. (H1B 2016 FAQs )
This page will have all the information regarding H1B Visa 2015 filing like FAQs, latest news, useful articles, etc.
Did you miss FY 2015 lottery ? Looking for details of FY 2016 ?
Flash News Update :
- May 5th : USCIS announced today that data entry of all FY15 H-1B cap petitions has been completed. USCIS will now begin returning all H-1B cap petitions that were not selected in the lottery. They have announced it on their twitter and facebook pages.
- April 18th : USCIS announced that they will begin H1B FY 2015 premium processing from April 28th, 2014. Previously they announced that they will begin, ‘no later than April 28th’. They just clarified that. You can read on USCIS website
- April 11th : USCIS announced that it received about 172,500 petitions for the H1B Visa 2015 Quota. Read USCIS : 172,500 Received – H1B Lottery Summary
- April 7th : USCIS H1B Visa 2015 Cap Reached on April 7th.
H1B Visa 2015 – Latest News Updates , Articles
- Applying for H1B 2015 ? Read : Step by Step Plan to Apply for H1B 2015
- How to find H1B Visa 2015 Sponsors ? Various Options
- H1B Visa 2015 Lottery Prediction – USCIS Data, Trend, Analysis
- USCIS Official News Release : H1B FY 2015 Petitions Accepted from April 1st. Summary
Looking for H1B Cap Daily Updates ? Check H1B Visa 2015 Cap count Updates Page
Frequently Asked Questions about H1B Visa FY 2015
When will H1B Visa 2015 Season Begin ?
USCIS accepted H1B Visa 2015 applications from April 1st, 2014. They had the window open for 5 working days. USCIS stopped accepting H1B Petitions for FY 2015 from Monday April 7th as more applications were received than the required cap of 85,000 petitions.
What would be the Cap count for H1B Visa 2015 quota ?
No changes to the H1B Cap for FY15, the immigration reform discussions did not go through, the cap limit remained same as last year.
- Regular H1B Quota : 65,000
- Masters H1B Quota : 20,000
- It is to be noted that 6,800 visas every year are set aside for Singapore and Chile Free trade agreement filings, which is called as H1B1 program.
How soon should I start planning for H1B Visa 2015 ?
[ Updated : H1B Sesaon is over for FY 15, plan for next year FY 2016 ] Well, there is nothing like too early… Getting a good H1B Sponsor can be a challenge these days. You need to find a job that fits your profile and find a sponsor that has a job for you. Some employers want to test out the capabilities of the candidate before they plan to sponsor H1B Visa. Typically, they would like students with masters from US work for them on internship or co-op. If they like the candidate then they will sponsor H1B visa. If you are planning to land in US from overseas countries like India, it could be even challenging to find a good sponsor. Maybe you would need to work with global IT services companies and make your way up. It can involve lot of internal process to get the process initiated… You are never early…. Read Step by Step Plan to Apply for H1B 2015
How do I find Sponsors for H1B visa 2015 ?
This is probably the most asked question. It can be a challenge to find a good sponsor. We have written quite a few articles on this topic. The fundamental concept of finding a good employer does not change. You can use our H1B Visa Sponsors Database and search for sponsors in a city or zip code. Check out the above links under 2015 latest news and updates for the current year’s article to find sponsors. You can also, read our last year’s article : How to find H1B Visa sponsors, avoid fraud
What would be the H1B Filing fee for Fiscal year 2015 ?
There has not been any changes in the filing fee for the past couple of years. It did not change for fiscal year 2014. The H1B Visa 2015 filing fee can range anywhere from $1,575 to $4,325 based on the size of the company (number of employees ). Also, the attorney fee can range from $700 to $3000. If you go for premium processing again that is $1225. You can check out the detail break up of fee at : H1B Visa Filing Fee Details – Who Pays for What ?
H1B Visa Immigration Reform – CIR – Proposed Changes ? The comprehensive immigration reform has not passed yet. But, lets say, if it gets passed, the below changes may happen.
- Annual H1B Cap will be increased from 65,000 per year to 110,000. If exteme demand, it can go up to a maximum of 180,000.
- The H1B quota for STEM degree holders from American Schools will increase from 20,000 to 25,000
- H1B Visa fees can up to USD $10,000.
- More stringent rules on H1B visa adjudication.
- Mandatory LCA posting on DOL website for at least 30 days, before it is certified.
You can read Summary of CIR – Immigration reform – H1B Visa and Green Card . We will keep you posted with updates on CIR and H1B visa changes for this year, if any. Did I miss anything ? Do you have any other questions ?