H1B Visa 2015 – Frequently Asked Questions – Updates
Updated : April 11th, 2014.
This page will have all the information regarding H1B Visa 2015 filing like FAQs, latest news, useful articles, etc.
Flash News Update :
- April 11th : USCIS announced that it received about 172,500 petitions for the H1B Visa 2015 Quota. Read USCIS : 172,500 Received – H1B Lottery Summary
- April 7th : USCIS H1B Visa 2015 Cap Reached on April 7th.
H1B Visa 2015 – Latest News Updates , Articles
- Applying for H1B 2015 ? Read : Step by Step Plan to Apply for H1B 2015
- How to find H1B Visa 2015 Sponsors ? Various Options
- H1B Visa 2015 Lottery Prediction – USCIS Data, Trend, Analysis
- USCIS Official News Release : H1B FY 2015 Petitions Accepted from April 1st. Summary
Looking for H1B Cap Daily Updates ? Check H1B Visa 2015 Cap count Updates Page
Frequently Asked Questions about H1B Visa FY 2015 When will H1B Visa 2015 Season Begin ? USCIS typically starts accepting applications for the next fiscal year starting from April 1st. So, if USCIS were to follow the same trend, the start date for accepting H1B Visa 2015 petitions would be April 1st, 2014, which is a Tuesday. If any changes, we will keep this page updated. What would be the Cap count for H1B Visa 2015 quota ? There have been discussions in US congress regarding increasing the H1B Visa cap count. It is part of the comprehensive immigration bill, but it not passed yet. We will keep this page updated with any such changes. Currently, it stands as below:
- Regular H1B Quota : 65,000
- Masters H1B Quota : 20,000
- It is to be noted that 6,800 visas every year are set aside for Singapore and Chile Free trade agreement filings, which is called as H1B1 program.
Would there be lottery for H1B Visa 2015 ? We had H1B visa Lottery for fiscal year 2014. We could potentially end up in the same path this year. Again, situation depends on various macroeconomic factors and we need to look at holistic view and analyse the situation. Based on our analysis, we will have lottery for FY 2015. You can read the article H1B Visa 2015 Lottery Prediction analysis How soon should I start planning for H1B Visa 2015 ? Well, there is nothing like too early… Getting a good H1B Sponsor can be a challenge these days. You need to find a job that fits your profile and find a sponsor that has a job for you. Some employers want to test out the capabilities of the candidate before they plan to sponsor H1B Visa. Typically, they would like students with masters from US work for them on internship or co-op. If they like the candidate then they will sponsor H1B visa. If you are planning to land in US from overseas countries like India, it could be even challenging to find a good sponsor. Maybe you would need to work with global IT services companies and make your way up. It can involve lot of internal process to get the process initiated… You are never early…. Read Step by Step Plan to Apply for H1B 2015 How do I find Sponsors for H1B visa 2015 ? This is probably the most asked question. It can be a challenge to find a good sponsor. We have written quite a few articles on this topic. The fundamental concept of finding a good employer does not change. You can use our H1B Visa Sponsors Database and search for sponsors in a city or zip code. Check out the above links under 2015 latest news and updates for the current year’s article to find sponsors. You can also, read our last year’s article : How to find H1B Visa sponsors, avoid fraud What would be the H1B Filing fee for Fiscal year 2015 ? There has not been any changes in the filing fee for the past couple of years. It did not change for fiscal year 2014. The H1B Visa 2015 filing fee can range anywhere from $1,575 to $4,325 based on the size of the company (number of employees ). Also, the attorney fee can range from $700 to $3000. If you go for premium processing again that is $1225. You can check out the detail break up of fee at : H1B Visa Filing Fee Details – Who Pays for What ? H1B Visa Immigration Reform – CIR – Proposed Changes ? The comprehensive immigration reform has not passed yet. But, lets say, if it gets passed, the below changes may happen.
- Annual H1B Cap will be increased from 65,000 per year to 110,000. If exteme demand, it can go up to a maximum of 180,000.
- The H1B quota for STEM degree holders from American Schools will increase from 20,000 to 25,000
- H1B Visa fees can up to USD $10,000.
- More stringent rules on H1B visa adjudication.
- Mandatory LCA posting on DOL website for at least 30 days, before it is certified.
You can read Summary of CIR – Immigration reform – H1B Visa and Green Card . We will keep you posted with updates on CIR and H1B visa changes for this year, if any. Did I miss anything ? Do you have any other questions ?