H1B Visa 2014 Quota Cap Reached – USCIS Official News Update
Well, folks, we have a breaking news update from USCIS saying that H1B Visa Cap for Fiscal year 2014 has been reached. The human psychology has kicked in and many employers rushed to get their H1B petitions ahead of their schedule due to the press release by USCIS indicating that it expects more petitions. Here is a summary of the news release by USCIS on the cap completion for FY 2014.
News Summary by USCIS on H1B 2014 Cap Completion :
- USCIS has received enough number of H1B petitions for fiscal year 2014 under regular quota, which is 65,000 petitions.
- USCIS also have received enough number of petitions for masters quota cap, which is 20,000.
- USCIS will not accept any petitions for H1B Visa 2014 after today, which is April 5th, 2014.
- USCIS will conduct lottery or Random computer selection to pick the cap subject petitions filed for FY 2014. The lottery system will be exactly like we described earlier in our blog. Read H1B Visa 2014 Lottery Process – Step by Step.
- USCIS will conduct lottery for Advanced quota petitions and pick 20,000 petitions from that pool
- For all the masters quota petitions that are not selected in lottery will be placed into general quota pool
- A lottery will be conducted on the combined pool of petitions to pick the 65,000 petitions that are eligible for the FY 2014.
- USCIS is not providing an exact number to us today as they are still processing petitions received for FY 2014 that were received today.
- USCIS will give us more detail update next week, stay tuned.
Did you miss this year cap? Check out H1B Visa 2015 FAQs, it will help you get some idea.
Official USCIS reference : News Release : H1B Visa FY 2014 cap complete
Do you like the article ?
Like and Give Google +1 for this Article :