Apply L2 Visa EAD card – Documents Checklist, Sample Cover letter
One of my very good friend Babu applied to get EAD Card for his wife, who is on L2 Visa and got it successfully without any issues. One of our blog readers asked few questions regarding the same. He was kind enough to answer them and share the sample cover letter template. Thanks to Babu for taking time to answer and letting us share it with our readers !
1. I would like to know the list of forms to be filled for EAD on L2 Visa. Apart from I-765, do I need any other form ?
Only I-765 Form
2. Checklist of the supporting documents for applying to EAD on L2 Visa :
- Filing fee – Currently $380 (Please check on USCIS site for latest fees)
- I-765 form
- L1 approval notice of spouse
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of I-94
- Two photographs
- Copy of SSN (If you have)
3. Should it be e-filed or sent through regular mail? Which would be processed faster ?
Both of them take same time. If you do e-filing, you would have to send your docs by regular mail later. So, it is preferred that you send all the documents through regular mail at once, it will be easier instead of e-filing.
4. Is a covering letter required? If so what should it contain?
Nothing in specific. Just the list of documents. Download it from link below:
Sample Covering letter L2 EAD Card USCIS
5. Its been a week since I’ve come , Can I apply immediately or should I wait for a specific lead time?
We can apply immediately.
6. How long is the L2 EAD card valid?
As long as your spouse L1 is valid.
7. In case I go back to India before I receive the EAD , can I ask someone to pick it up? Will I be able to use it when i come back again?
EAD card comes by mail, so anyone can receive it. Yes, you can use it after coming from India.