Have you ever wondered how experience would be traveling to US from Red bus (Typical state government bus in India) ? My journey is from a Red Bus to Air Bus to come to US… Believe it or not, in general, I am very curious about a lot of things… I had way too many questions and used to bug my seniors and others for information on coming to USA… Well, after coming to US, started pounding people with questions on pretty much everyone I know…I believe, “Information is wealth”. All the wealth of info I accumulated all these years would go waste unless I share with someone…isn’t that right ? This website is my attempt to share my knowledge, honest opinions and experiences …
As a student aspiring to come to US you might think…
- How will it be here once you land in America ?
- How would your MS life be here in US ?
- What everyone think of you back in India ?
- Where to work when student ?
- What every student should know ?
- What every student can enjoy ?
- What is on campus job vs off campus working as a student ?
- How to get scholarship ?
- How is the education system in America ?
- Should I come to US in recession ?
- What kind of jobs will I get after MS ?
- How should I choose employer for working ?
As a professional aspiring to come to US on H1B or work visa you may think…
- What are the immigration issues ?
- What is H1b visa ?
- How to choose consulting company ?
- How to negotiate with employers ?
- How are interviews different from India ?
- What can I bring to US ?
- What is life style there? Clothes ?
- What should I learn ? How to talk on phone ?
- Should I buy car after I go ?
After getting a job and having some money in US, you may think…
- Where to invest ? US or India ? Why ?
- What can you enjoy after you get a job ?
- What can you do in USA ? What are the opportunities ?
- How to network with Desi community ?
- Should you date someone ?
- Should you do social drinking ?
- What sports should you follow ?
- Lifestyle, dress sense ? Brands ?
- How to network with others in America ?
- Should you learn to dance ? What is the edge with dancing ?
- Where to go during breaks to have fun ?
- How to plan finances here in US ?
- Should you call home every day ?Why ?
- How is American society ? What people care ? Etiquette ?
- How to impress someone ?
- Philosophy of Life in US and what good you can get out ?
- Why should you enjoy life ? How much to spend ? Why ?
Tons of questions no one writes about… I have embarked on a wonderful journey over five years ago and it has been so wonderful and I cherish every minute of it…. I have learnt so many things down the road…. I always wanted to write my experience and help others understand and learn…finally, my best friend’s encouragement made me do this !
This blog will have my perspectives and ideas on all the questions we always have and no one writes about …
Do me a favor, if you like my idea to share, please subscribe to FeedBurner RSS feed, so that I know someone’s out there interested, you may have hundreds of feeds already, what harm does one more make ?
If you have any specific articles request or have any questions, ask in forum or use Contact me option above !
You do NOT need to read below information , it is NOT about website…Just about me !
411 about myself :
Somone asked me, “what is your qualification to write about all these ?”
I thought for a second and said to myself, “Good point ! Why should somone trust in what I write ? What qualifications does someone need to write critical info ? ” A brief SD about me !
Education : I have a Bachelors in Computer Sciences from India, MS from a US State University and an MBA from a US State University as well. I had the opportunity to study in three US state Universities and visit many Universities for conferences and events.
Work Experience : Worked as a student on campus in various kinds of Jobs, got scholarships for two consecutive years (until MS completion) , worked as RA, Worked on CPT, Worked on OPT as an Intern. I have been working in IT consulting, Marketing Strategy, SEO, SEM, and Social Media strategy…
Student Life : My friends in MS say, “I utilized school to get every penny I paid for tuition”. They say it because, I was active part of every student organizations, student life, student government, etc. In MBA too, I am part of many organizations like Vice president of careers in American Marketing Association, Student Senator for Graduate School, etc.
Life Lessons and Experiences :
My life as a student and working professional taught me many things the hard way. I paid price to learn simple things, I do not want someone to do same mistakes. It is my passion to write and guide others. My motto is to help others avoid mistakes that I have done. Of course, I cannot pass information to everyone, but this is my small attempt !
There is a well known story, ‘A boy was running across ocean shoreline and throwing star fish into ocean to save them from sunlight. A man approached the boy and asked, ”what are you trying to do here ? You cannot save all the Star fish, they ocean is big and shoreline is never ending.” The boy replied, “yeah I know I cannot save every star fish, but it does make a difference for the star fish I hold in my hand !”. Thats the philosophy ! I cannot spread honest info to everyone, at least I can help few who visit this blog ! If you like the info, you can make a difference by Sharing it to your friends. Sharing is Caring !’ Thanks !